Leon is an american/english shorthair Guinea Pig. While popular in western country, the solid colored GP from this breed is rare in Malaysia, especially solid brown-orange colored GP like Leon.
So when I discover Leon at a new local petshop, I was really tempted to get it. But then again, I have no GP equipments at all. Plus, I'm not really ready for a GP. For starters, my apartment have no more room for more cages and secondly, my older brother who lives with me practically hates animals.
So I leave Leon to his fate, convinced nobody would buy him immediately since people (apart from avid GP fans) dont really know solid colored GP is rare in this area and the shop is new, so not many people actually know it's existance. Then I made a mistake by telling a few friends, which one of them owned a pet store...
The next day I receive a call from this friend, saying she's right there at the petshop (surveying the competition) and wants to buy Leon if I'm not really gonna get them at that time. Threatened by the situation where my dream GP might be taken forever from me (chances of finding a similar breed with similar color is near to zero) I gave in and ask her to buy it for me.
For now Leon gonna stay at her shop (which is a wonderful shop by the way, since they are practices ethical petshop conducts) while waiting for me to re-arrange my room and prepare all the stuffs.
Just yesterday I throw all my brother's stuffs outside so now I can have Leon inside my room, and I think I have all teh equipments I need (apart from the cage that I like, which is apparently out of stock at the moment). However, another friend are not using his similar cage, and he says I can borrow his cage while waiting for mine to arrive. HEAVEN!
So, that's the story of how I suddently becomes a GP owner. Peace and out!
1 comment:
Potter - Leon is so cute :)Congrats
Take care
-Mdm Tatty-
Post a Comment